The Importance of the Cross
The cross is so vital that God spent centuries painting a picture of it, trying to help us understand its magnitude.
When Jesus shed His blood for us, He accomplished four magnificent, life-changing, chain-breaking realities that we live under every day: atonement, redemption, justification, and reconciliation.
“He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross” (Colossians 2:13-14).
1. Jesus accomplished our atonement.
2. As sons and daughters of our first parents, we were born slaves to sin. Jesus gave His life as the ransom for our freedom.
3. You had a spiritual debt, yes, but it has been paid. Jesus atoned for you at the cross. =
4. You have been bought and paid for by the most precious blood of Jesus Christ.
Live in the freedom that Jesus purchased for you. Cling to that old rugged cross.
This is my Word of Hope for you, my friend.
Pray: Lord, thank You for setting me free. Help me to live dead to sin and alive to You in Christ Jesus (Romans 6:11).
Thank You for the precious gift of life through Your Son.
Reflect on this message:
1. As you read or hear this message, what does it mean to you?
2. What part of it do you have questions about? Ask God to explain it to you.
3. What should you do now to apply this message to your life?